PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews on devil may cry 3?

Fanlaen
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Just wondering what everyone thought of it
(its apparently a greatest hit now)

Fanlaen
02-16-2006, 12:28 AM
nvm i bought it, its hard as hell, im trying to beat cerebrus now :P (1st boss)
any tips/advice would be helpful.

JAGeSoc
02-16-2006, 12:50 AM
akurei had a review on it before the site got purged

as for cerebrus, if it will help go back and farm level 1, get yourself double jump and upgraded pistols if you dont already have them. You can either pistol whip it from far away for half an hour, or shoot it repeatedly and when you get a chance, run up and beat the crap out of its heads (sword rave on swordmaster works wonders, jump up, spam O, back up so you dont get hit). Whenever he drops the icicles on you, roll to either side repeatedly until they stop. If you need any more help ill do what i can, im about haflway through Dante Must Die mode and more focused on bringing up my old ranks (almost everything is B through SS now). Going to bed now *yawn*

Fanlaen
02-16-2006, 12:52 AM
oh right, thanks for the help, the only problem with me is my playing style, which is bassicaly "suicidal"

yea i think ill upgrade the pistols, usually at the statue id buy the second sword attack (IT MAKE PRETTY RED)

ty for the advice ill try it tommorow =D

JAGeSoc
02-16-2006, 01:28 PM
If you are going to be playing suicidal you are definatly gonna want to get either a trickster or swordmaster style. Tricksters good for moving fast (think anime) during fights, and swordmaster has some nice moves to beat the crap outta stuff. It still possible with the other styles if you find you like them better, but they're kinda customized for different aspects of play. Gunslinger has some crazy shooting (that was my first pick, but i found i liked swordmaster better after a while) and royal guard (my current style) is what you would call an expert style. Its your basic dante, except that your O allows you to block attacks. If you just hold it down it will reduce the damage you take and slightly charge your orbs. If you time the block better, you will take very little damage and fill up your orbs even more. Then if you time it perfectly youll take no damage and fill up a good portion depending on how strong the attack is. When played well you are basically invincible, as only one thing (acid at a later level) can harm you, EVERYTHING else can be blocked. But you need a lot of practice with the game basics and learning the enemies before its a good idea. You'll get something nice after level 9 that might suit your style, ill let you find that out when you get there =D.

Drives an ok move, i hardly use it but that doesn't mean its bad. Make absolutely sure that you have stinger and air hike, those are veeeery important.

Fanlaen
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
yea im gonna stick with swordsmaster and i do have stinger, the move is very useful to disperse crowds and get out of em. im actually gonna finish this lasagna and go give cerebrus another shot.