JAGeScimitar
06-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Anyone?

Any you kids play it?
Beat it?
Like it?

Fanlaen
06-09-2007, 01:17 AM
not yet, I have played fight night round 3 on the playstation 3, and that game is amazingly entertaining and looks amazing also.

JAGeScimitar
06-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Im still working on resistance, Its most likely the best game they have out in that section there are some im waiting for but its def up there. Watch out cause for some reason they made some shitty games already lol the Gundum Wing game is poop

JAGeReaver
06-09-2007, 12:20 PM
PS3 SUCKS /cough

JAGeScimitar
06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
PS3 SUCKS /cough

Reavers LIFE SUCKS /cough

Fanlaen
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
PS3 SUCKS /cough

Just remember, that the Xbox360 released games such as gears of wars after a year of it being out and the PS3 still hasn't reached that age. Also, the specs of the PS3 are far superior to other next gen consoles and the possibility for games on it are unimaginable. (Fight Night Round 3, when the boxer hits the other, you see his muscles flex, you see facial reactions when you get hit, you see sweat going down his body when he gets tired and you even see the glove bending when it hits the opponent, unbelievable..)

If you're going to go the $ route, what about all that memory add on for the Xbox360? how much does that cost? And 50$/year to play online will quickly make the Xbox360 more expensive then the PS3.

All the Wii really has is a gimmick controller.

OH Back on topic:
Resistance fall of man is being threatened by the London church of being sued because they use their building without their consent. The church is asking that they take the game off the shelves. If you want one, grab it fast before they take them off the shelve during the court hearing.

JAGe_GRudge
12-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Just remember, that the Xbox360 released games such as gears of wars after a year of it being out and the PS3 still hasn't reached that age. Also, the specs of the PS3 are far superior to other next gen consoles and the possibility for games on it are unimaginable. (Fight Night Round 3, when the boxer hits the other, you see his muscles flex, you see facial reactions when you get hit, you see sweat going down his body when he gets tired and you even see the glove bending when it hits the opponent, unbelievable..)

If you're going to go the $ route, what about all that memory add on for the Xbox360? how much does that cost? And 50$/year to play online will quickly make the Xbox360 more expensive then the PS3.

All the Wii really has is a gimmick controller.

OH Back on topic:
Resistance fall of man is being threatened by the London church of being sued because they use their building without their consent. The church is asking that they take the game off the shelves. If you want one, grab it fast before they take them off the shelve during the court hearing.

This man knows what he is talking about! :D

A well proved point.

JAGePwn Sauce
12-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Necro >

JAGeBoyle
12-27-2008, 06:54 PM
I ask you this.....

What good is putting an engine in a car that can go 200 mph.... if the frame can barely hit 60mph without shaking loose?

Basically the ps3 costs sony more money to make then they can charge. So no price cuts, the systems "ability" out weighs its current achievements but realistically unless Sony has some super secret project of a game line that nobody knows about.... it wont matter.

Reality is 360's graphics side by side with ps3 look better.

COULD ps3 look better? Definitely
Has it yet? No.

Ps3 is like the quite over sized kid in class.... people pick on him and poke him and you always sat there wondering Why isnt this kid snatching them up and crushing him....... but he never does....

I live in the NOW. And right now 360's games and online play is better.

Achievements > Medals

Also totally unrelated is my ability to mod my 360 and never buy a game : P

JAGe_GRudge
12-28-2008, 08:26 AM
There are a few games in development exclusively for the ps3 that are going to have top-notch graphics. So we will have to wait and see on those ... I think it's just a fan base system going on here. If your a Sony fan you have ps3 if your a Microsoft fan your with the xbox 360. Nothing is never going to change that ... And one thing I found out you need to open the xbox CD slot to actually put the game in while for the ps3 all you do is slide it in and it sucks it right in. Very high tech I would say!

JAGeBoyle
12-28-2008, 03:03 PM
There are a few games in development exclusively for the ps3 that are going to have top-notch graphics. So we will have to wait and see on those ... I think it's just a fan base system going on here. If your a Sony fan you have ps3 if your a Microsoft fan your with the xbox 360. Nothing is never going to change that ... And one thing I found out you need to open the xbox CD slot to actually put the game in while for the ps3 all you do is slide it in and it sucks it right in. Very high tech I would say!

are you retarded? you can slide the game in and thats a win?

JAGeSoc
12-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Wii tractor beams in your games too. IT EVEN WORKS WITH TINY GAMECUBE DISKS. Instant win.

I've been saying i need to pick up a 360 for over a year, still haven't cracked down and done it =(. still no interest in a ps3, save final fantasy's

JAGeGodfather
12-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Grudge, your argument is incompetent.
/buy Xbox 360

JAGe_GRudge
12-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Apparently so because JAGe has been overrun by Microsoft. I lost even before I started! haha xD

JAGe_GRudge
12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
are you retarded? you can slide the game in and thats a win?

yeahhhhhhhh it's a win for sure. Your just jealous because im right. lol joking xD

JAGeRiec
12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
i dunno there are many ps3 supporters out there in jage and so you have a chance boyle really likes his 360 so he defends it well, i cant seem 2 choose between the 2 mainly cause i dont have the money to purchase either of them

JAGePwn Sauce
12-29-2008, 03:57 PM
360 = better online gaming

JAGeBoyle
12-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Ps3 is expensive compared to the 360

I do not see anything to justify the price.

The system IMO is poorly designed. Basically it costs them more to build it because it COULD perform better then it needs to by a large margin if I understand the schematics correctly.

Basically its a Blu-ray player (Which is good)
That happens to be able to play Games.

Realistically the graphic difference between the two systems are not enough to say either way, YES all tests and comparisons have shown 360 looks better.... which I do not understand how but many sites have said it...

It comes down to the Game Library. I am 100% biased in this area because quite frankly I can download my games before they are even on a store shelf.... BUT the 360 seems to have a better core of 360 only games.. Ps3 has a few games that are exclusive as well but IMO they fail to compare when you take into account the sheer number. For every 1 Ps3 good exclusive Microsoft is popping up with 4-5.

Online game play is kinda hard to debate. If your not money tight IMO Xbox has a better setup, if your a casual gamer and it doesn't matter greatly ps3 I heard has cleaned up their online environment. I also heard there is no banning.... which sucks in games like COD4 with the multifire modification for the controllers.

It really comes down to what do you want from the system. Also how much are you willing to spend?

Ps3 can handle your movies without an issue.... 360 with some tweaking which isnt that hard can handle them 3x better.

Streaming a bluray movie from pc to 360 is easy.
I understand the Ps3 is not as manageable at this time.

I am far from a Microsoft fan boy, in fact I spent years arguing the ps2 was better then the original xbox due to the game library which I still feel is correct.

Whatever rant off.

JAGeBoyle
12-30-2008, 07:10 PM
This article was just published today.... mother fucker frequents Jag I swear.

Today's Wall Street Journal has an interesting piece illustrating why the PS3 is floundering in the contest with Nintendo's Wii and Microsoft's Xbox 360. PS3 sales are on the decline while the competition is rising at a dramatic rate.

So, what are some of the main issues with the PS3?

It's overpriced
Microsoft dropped prices on the Xbox 360 to gain market share, and it worked. Sony is intent on becoming profitable (the right motive) but is doing so at the sake of building momentum. A console that starts at $400 (with only one controller and usually zero games) puts you over $500 before it's much fun.

According to the WSJ article, "U.S. sales of the PS3 fell 19 percent last month from a year earlier, while sales doubled for the Wii console and rose 8 percent for the Xbox 360, according to research firm NPD Group. Analysts say they expect PS3 sales for this month to be flat or lower than last year, while sales for its rivals are likely to rise."

Lack of exclusive games
It's gotten much harder to find compelling games that are only available on PS3, a strategy that has been very successful in the past.

Sony also is suffering from a lack of attractive titles that are exclusive to the PS3. Microsoft has hit the jackpot with two action-adventure game franchises, Halo and Gears of War, which are available only on the Xbox 360. Most of Nintendo's top games are made in-house and are playable only on the Wii.

Minimal modern touches (i.e. social features)
The Wii makes your goofy little Mii character come alive by connecting consoles online. Xbox Live has a community and marketplace. Playstation Home is compelling but empty, which should even out over time. But, the competition is so far ahead, Sony needed to do something much bigger and better.

Personally, I thought the social stuff was a little stupid until my nephew destroyed me in Wii bowling while playing 3,000 miles away. Now I get it.

It's being significantly out-marketed by the competition
Generally, games drive the marketing for consoles, but the Wii and Xbox have both built very strong brand awareness around the products themselves. The games are the accessories to the Wii lifestyle, and Microsoft makes the Xbox the center of your interactive gaming lifestyle. From the consumer perspective, the PS3 is a good gaming console, but not a brand that users feel a huge loyalty to or affinity for.

The user experience is somewhat burdensome
The games themselves look and feel good, but the experience of launching a game and getting up and running takes way too long (I feel this way about most consoles), to the point where many users I spoke with get so annoyed that they curse the machine. For the record, the cause may rest with the game developers, but the perception is that the console is the barrier.

Don't forget the Internet
A bigger threat looms for all console makers, and that's the fact that people spend way more time online then ever before and that browser-based casual games are not feeding console sales, but instead pushing consumers to stay on their PCs.

JaGe Lee Harvey Oswald
12-31-2008, 12:58 AM
everyone here knows that i always say boyle is wrong whenever he flexes his microsoft e-penis, but i have to say that boyle is pretty much right in what he said.

ps3 is expensive compared to a 360. but i don't think that it is overpriced for no reason. it comes with a blu ray player, built in wireless 802.11 g\b, a better processor (a cell processor that is pretty much 8 micro processors) and a better graphics card (i think). the only thing that the ps3 lacks in is RAM which i believe is 512 and isn't up to par with the rest of the system

the reason i believe the 360 is so cheap compared to the ps3 is because microsoft has some deep pockets, and they have the ability to drop their prices and still make money. just the 50 bucks a year your shelling out to play online must make them a fortune (not saying that 50 bucks a year is alot, i wouldn't mind paying 50 a year for playing on ps3) microsofts stock is actually worth less than sony's, and has been for some time. so maybe sony is making more money...? idk

tbh i don't think that the 360 is a bad system, most of my friends like and play the 360 over the ps3. the ps3 appeals to me more as a gamer and fits my needs more than the 360 does, simple as that. obviously for the majority of you the 360 fits yours better; so be it.

this whole console war is getting more stupid the longer it goes on, and lets leave it at this: some people like the ps3 and are going to defend it because of their reasons for liking it and same goes for the 360. its never going to stop, and even if you have hardcore evidence that one is better than another in every single way there are still going to be some people that are going to disagree and say that their console is better. boyle said it pretty well when he stated that the ps3 has more potential but has not yet come to fruition. 360's online is better, ps3 can play blu ray. ps3 has resistance and 360 has gears of war. they're just apposing parties bumping heads and its never gonna stop

also, the "Achievement" system for the ps3 is called Trophies (i bolded it so everyone else can see and remember it as well) and is pretty much the exact same system as achievements except for a Gamerscore we have Trophy levels in which the more trophies you have the higher your level is; it has an experience bar and all. personally i like the number system that Achievements use better because wtf is the point of having levels for that kind of thing?

JAGe_GRudge
12-31-2008, 04:13 AM
Yeah Xbox has been doing good but the PS3 IS catching up though! take a look! there are some pretty awesome games coming exclusively for the PS3. SO they say the games will raise the buyers to buy PS3's. It's a never-ending debate of being a fanboy for one system. Xbox has good online abilities and more games while the PS3 has Blu-ray technology and awesome exclusive games. Sooner or later the PS3 will drop about maybe $100. Thus making profit for Sony even better. Xbox will always stay the same for the best online play but will lack the best technology. Some games for the PS3 are said to have reached that high potential of graphics that you have been craving for Boyle. It's all fanbased ... for PS3 fans enjoy the upcoming games in the next few month and Xbox fans enjoy your online play.

*cough* seriously though Sony does seem cooler. XD

JAGeBoyle
01-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Sony billed its first person shooter as the PlayStation 3 game we couldn't "resist." Sadly, a shallow single player campaign, a disappointing Leviathan battle and a lame hero made Resistance 2 unworthy of carrying Gears of War 2's jock strap. As a result, we exchanged it for more enjoyable shooters.

Owch but in its defense Gears of War 2's Jock Strap is mighty heavy....

JaGe Lee Harvey Oswald
01-11-2009, 04:48 PM
lol resistance 2 did have a lame story. great gameplay though

JAGe_GRudge
01-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I just can't wait to buy Killzone 2!!! Now Boyle you must of heard that the game play and graphics for Killzone 2 are of the most highest seen yet for the next generation console. Now what do you have for information that says my sentence above is full of crap. Just speculation? :D