Fresh Breath of Air - D2 Mod Community

I've been kind of bored the last year or so, joined a pretty active D2 clan and made a few.. maybe a dozen toon and leveled them to 85-90. But it's boring, the current state of D2 in mindless baal and/or chaos runs being botted. Maphack is kind of risky to use, botting is as safe as you can get. So overall the community is stagnant. Everyone can level and gear a toon in 24 hours to 90. So most full-time players have 3-4 accounts of characters for every other pvp build for each class. Overall, I last a month and got bored and took about a 3 month break. I need my online/multiplayer mmo/rpg fix... They I read on Reddit a rather growing community for a Diablo 2 Mod.

This mod I speak of is called Path of Diablo, it has over 25 servers so there is little to no lag. To set up it's ridiculously easy. Without going deeply into it because going to their website will probably explain things better, I'll explain what it's all about. Community is about 2k large, split about 50/50 between HC and SC. The game is about 75% the same except they changed features that were overused in the vanilla version like every class using Enigma runeword to teleport (now a 2 second cooldown timer). A decent size list of skills you have NEVER used are now buffed. Melee can now do splash damage so single target melee skills are viable and actually some of the best builds.

So they reason I kind of posted all of this here is that there is opportunity to grow a clan presence here. If we had a few old-timers help things along, we could grow JaG into a decent casual gamer hub like it used to be. This iteration of Diablo 2 honestly MAKES the community SLOW DOWN and play the game the correct way. They are people ALWAYS looking for rushes and help getting through the acts, manually doing runs, little to no cheating, and the economy is GREAT. Most things usable have a value, unlike vanilla D2 people only want High Runes and Elite gear.

Their ladder just reset a few weeks ago and every difficulty is booming with games.

Anyone have any thought?

Their 'forums' - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofdiablo/
    Thier website - https://pathofdiablo.com
    killawookie#1389 - Diablo 3 Battletag

I rocked Boyles Mom's socks off!
    I was never really a D2 person. Good olf Starcraft and CS1.6 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGeDocJay View Post
    wtf, I must have been real high to forget that
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGeDocJay View Post
    Hate to say it and never thought I would every say this, score 1 for Adam, Kooru 0
    **I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.**
    ***Chris Boyle 1/23/11 RIP Miss Ya ***

I still play with some old jage bros, I'll see if anyone else is interested i saw this on reddit a while back and thought about trying it.

Also fuck scimitar i messaged that kid on facebook like last year he ignored me
    дед

With any game that is 17+ years old.. the games life depends on the community you play with. I myself have been solo this entire time and have seen my play time dwindle because I don't see the need to help random people but have met a few people that stuck with the game longer than the general population. I would have to say about 75% of the population has died off the servers since the last ladder reset in May (I joined about a month late). Overall the Mod is ridiculously good. I does make the game BETTER without making it feel like anything but a more updated patch. It even has had a recent featured article on PCGamer's website. While I'm sure there are people who use MH and bots because they simply aren't detectable on emulated servers, you get the feel 95% of the time that most people are legit. From playing 'Vanilla D2' at the start of the year and then going to this, I can tell you for sure it is a much more satisfying version of the game, just not as active. HC community is HUGE.. I could even say it's an even 50/50 split of people who play HC and SC main. Prime time sees only about 300-400 on during prime time from the last time I saw a week ago. When ladder resets it spikes to the thousands for the rush of top level on each class.
    killawookie#1389 - Diablo 3 Battletag

Thread Information